The following links and resources are provided by the Pack Law Group for the benefit of people seeking information on criminal law, DUI, divorce and family law, and personal injury law in Virginia. Feel free to add this page to your Favorites and visit it often or share with others. If you need legal advice or help with a pressing legal issue, call 540-586-7225 for immediate assistance.
Criminal Defense Resources
- To learn about elements of specific offenses or the process involved in a criminal prosecution, follow these links to the Virginia criminal code and criminal procedure.
- The Virginia Department of Corrections has online resources that allow you to locate an offender in the system.
- The Virginia State Police website provides information on how to conduct a Criminal History Records Check.
- Informative brochures for parents and young adults from the Virginia State Bar include Minors, Alcohol and Virginia Law.
- The Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice website includes an overview of the juvenile justice process.
DUI and Traffic Resources
- Visit the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles to check your driving record and points, or obtain general traffic ticket information, information on demerit points, or links to driver improvement clinics.
- The Virginia Department of Transportation provides up-to-date information on traffic and road conditions at VDOT 511 and Virginia Roads.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provides educational materials and information on distracted driving and other safe driving issues.
- The official U.S. website on distracted driving is Distraction.gov.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) enacts and enforces regulations that govern the trucking industry to prevent truck accidents by limiting hours of service of drivers and requiring regular safety inspections of commercial vehicles.
- The Motorcycle Safety Foundation offers safety information and rider training. Another helpful resource is the American Motorcycle Association, which includes a summary of Virginia motorcycle laws.
- The Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center includes a resource page for Virginia on bicycle safety laws in the Commonwealth.
Family Law Resources
- To learn about Virginia domestic relations laws, follow this link to Title 20 of the Virginia Code. You can also follow the following links for specific family law topics: marriage, child custody and visitation, support, premarital agreements and parentage.
- The Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar provides pamphlets, brochures and other information to the public on marriage in Virginia, divorce in Virginia, financial issues in divorce and children and divorce. One resource, Spare the Child: A Guide to Parenting During Family Dissolution, also comes with a Spare the Child video.
- For issues of child support enforcement, visit the Virginia DSS Division of Child Support Enforcement or the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement, which also includes resources to help locate a missing parent.
- If dividing a pension or qualified benefit plan may be an issue in your divorce, you may want to learn about Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), which may be required before the court can divide the asset.